[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: running liblouis on flash memory

  • From: Ritika Gupta <ritika.gupta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:15:29 +0530

On 10-09-2015 PM 08:42, Christian Egli wrote:

On 09/10/2015 09:21 AM, Ritika Gupta wrote:
I wan to use liblouis for my own braille display device which has flash
memory. But the liblouis source code is written in such a way that it
uses file system for loading table files but the file system is not
present on flash memory. So is there a way I can use liblouis on my
flash memory by using tables in some other form and not the files.

Changing liblouis to read from memory might be doable but it almost seems easier to put a file system on flash memory, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system it seems doable.

HTH
Christian

Actually liblouis is a very small part of my project and putting file system on memory may take a large amount of space which could otherwise be used for putting other parts of my entire project's code. While I am still considering this option of putting file system on flash, could you please also guide me through how to change liblouis to read from memory.

Thanks
Ritika
project pages go to http://liblouis.org