[liblouis-liblouisxml] questions regarding Tamil braille table

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 08:20:55 +0000

Dear list,

I am helping Dinakar to update/correct the tamil table.

issue 1:
I wanted to test our modifications, so updated my
ta.ctb and tamil.cti in /usr/share/liblouis/tables

Only to find that the display is filled with question marks and dots.

Reverted to the ta.ctb and tamil.cti from svn and the issue is still the
same. lou_checktable does not show any errors. I presume that it is
because the english symbols have not been declared, but on the other
hand ta.ctb includes text_nabbc.dis.

Is anyone able to reproduce this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

issue 2:
I know this issue was discussed previously, but unable to locate the
thread, so appologies.

Tamil has a dot which can be put ontop of given letters, in unicode this
comes after the letter, but in braille it should come before.
example:
\x0b95\x0bcd 4-13
here 13 is for the first unicode char, and 4 for the  second one.
Elsewhere we already have declarations for
\x0b95 13
and:
\x0bcd 4

but they will be displayed in the wrong order.
Can swapcc be used without having to declare the dots for each
combination?

Please reply to all.

Thanks.
Mesar