[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis/liblouis] 553bdb: tests/harness/runHarness.py: deduplicate error rep...

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:10:59 +0100

Hi Bert,

On Fri 19/09/14,13:57, Bert Frees wrote:
> I enabled --compact-output in the Makefile in order
> to try it out. Don't know if it should be the default though.

Thanks for the review, compact output from the makefile seems
reasonable.

> The compact output is indeed less verbose and better suited for grepping
> etc, but it comes with a readability penalty.

both formats have their disadvantages, but the hope is that the person
working on a particular harness test file can use the mode that is
needed for his/her situation depending on what they are looking for.
For example if they are just reviewing the errors, then the old format
is good, but if they are looking for a particular type of error then the
compact format is best.

The runharness can be run independantly of the makefile, so no harm in
having the compact as default output.

News entry added and merged into master.

Mesar