[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Table file names [was UEBC table update.]

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:51:33 +1000

On 10/02/2009 9:44 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
It seems to me that file names like en-us-g2 are quite specific without
the extension. I agree that there are three basic kinds of tables. comp8
or comp6 are the first kind. g1 are uncontracted tables.
Actually, according to Felix, it seems that in German, grade 0 is more similar to grade 1. So, computer braille and grade 0 are different in German, whereas in English, if I understand correctly, they are the same. This is perhaps another reason taht the extension may matter.

Anyway, there are so many files with extensions that this discussion may
be moot. It's the old compatibility trap.
Perhaps, although, as noted previously, the tables directory really does need to be cleaned up in some way. I just wish I knew where to start.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx