[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Table file names [was UEBC table update.]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:44:05 -0600

James,

It seems to me that file names like en-us-g2 are quite specific without
the extension. I agree that there are three basic kinds of tables. comp8
or comp6 are the first kind. g1 are uncontracted tables. g2 are
contracted tables. Actually, there is a fourth kind where the extension
does matter. these are .dis tables used to change the character-dot
mapping for devices with different internal translation tables. An
example is en-us-brf.dis, which makes liblouis output conform to the brf
standard.  The tables brought over from brltty will have to be put into
good comp8 form bit by bit.

Anyway, there are so many files with extensions that this discussion may
be moot. It's the old compatibility trap.

John

--
My websites:
http://www.godtouches.org