[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Solution to the Bible transcription problem

  • From: Magne Bjørndal <magnbjoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:43:30 +0100

Hi, all!

To present myself briefly first, I'm the brother of Lars, who I suppose has been a member of the list for quite a long time. We are both blind. I'm working as a Lutheran pastor in Norway.

With great interest I have followed the discussion on using Liblouisutdml to produce the Bible in Braille. I am very thankful to John Boyer for your work on this, and for your solution. I am in touch with the Norwegian library for audio and Braille, and I hope they will produce the Bible.

There's a lot in the coding that I do not understand, and that does not bother me at all. But one line makes me wonder:

John J. Boyer wrote:
style secondColumn
        leftMargin 5
        firstLineIndent 2

Why five? In the left margin we need two cells for verse numbers 1-99. As far as I know, only Psalm 119 has more than 100 verses, and I assume this passage can be treated separately.

The third cell should be let blank. Then the left margin could be set to four?

Best regards

Magne Bjorndal