[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Shell Script to produce Makefile.am for tables directory

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:52:34 +0200

Hi John

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 09:40 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> This would automate inclusion of new tables.

You know I am against this feature, but seeing you doing it anyway I sat
down and extended the stuff that I had sent before some so that it
actually can generate the whole Makefile.am now.

So if you like give the script maketablelist a try (I just checked it
into svn). It generates a Makefile.am.new which can be compared to
Makefile.am and moved over it. This should obsolete stuff like
Makefile.list and Makefile.skel. Maybe it should be renamed to
generateMakefile.am or something.

I'd be careful though. We already had an incident (when adding the
Norwegian tables) and when I tested it I also included some spurious
files in the Makefile.am that I didn't want to.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired