[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Shell Script to produce Makefile.am for tables directory

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:38:51 +0200

Hi all

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 09:40 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> This would automate inclusion of new tables.

As I said the automake manual recommends against this practice
(http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Wildcards). I asked on
the automake list if they had any recommendations for the problem when
you have lots of data files. I got a very helpful response from Alan D.
Salewski who says that you can basically just invoke the following
one-liner to generate the list of tables:

$ ls | grep -v Makefile | grep -v README | sort | sed -e 's/$/ \\/' -e 's/^/\t/'

Then replace the existing list in the Makefile.am with the result of the
one-liner. Done.

In fact I have a patch sitting in my local copy for tables/Makefile.am
which does just that. If you like I can check it in on Monday.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired