[liblouis-liblouisxml] SV: Proposal for next liblouis release date

  • From: Bue Vester-Andersen <bue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 00:25:18 +0100

Hi Christian,

I would very much like to get the hyphenation algorithm fixed before we release
the next version. At the moment, using the current Danish tables, about half of
the words from our test suite are hyphenated differently from what would be
expected with the given set of tables. The tables are now excelent and produce
very good hyphenation using standard hyphenation tools. However, LibLouis does
not seem to be able to interpret the hyphenation tables correctly. So Danish
contraction still looks very bad, because it depends extensively on correct
hyphenation. Other languages also depend on the hyphenation.

To me it looks like some loop counter getting out of synch or something like
it. Mesar is working hard on this issue, but any help or suggestions would be
greatly apreciated. We have a test suite of more than 30000 manually hyphenated
words. As I said, they hyphenate correctly using the generated tables and
standard hyphenation tools, but not with the LibLouis hyphenator. If we don't
get it fixed before this release, we may have to wait yet another half year
before we can have decent Danish contraction.

Best regards and merry Christmas
Bue