[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Running test harness

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:40:45 +0100

On 10/09/2014 09:52, Mesar Hameed wrote:
Hi Ken,

It sounds like something on your system is not quite right.
Might you be able to build a new vm or development machine?

I always do my development /testing in a chrooted environment or in a
vm, because otherwise the likelyhood of me ending up with non-functional
braille is too high.
To me that sounds like a bigger issue, liblouis is too picky about its environment. I stated in a different message what I feel the test harness needs to do to try and reduce its being influenced by the external environment. Possibly to ask people to have a set environment on their system is not necessarily a good solution (guaranteeing they have that clean environment as you expect may be difficult or even impractical, certainly when it comes to distributing final products for users).

Michael Whapples
Mesar
On Wed 10/09/14,00:18, Ken Perry wrote:
You missed what I said.  I removed all my usr/local.  Then I did what you said
because when I first did what you said and then did which lou_transalte it
still showed the usr/local ones.  Then after cleaning out my usr/local of all
liblouis I ran the steps you gave me again.  It put the stuff in /usr like your
prefix says it will.  The problem is it can't find the en-ueb-g1.ctb table in
the harness script I  just kept getting errors of missing stuff in that table.
So what I am saying is the only way I can make my lou_ stuff work is to not put
the prefix but then the runHarness doesn't work. It should work rather I have
it in local or usr.  As it stands right now it does neither.

I am afraid that those of you who are using the test harness already have
several versions of liblouis hanging around and are not seeing my problem
because of it.

Ken
Ken

Ken