[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problem building from svn

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:15:45 +0100

Hi

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 04:37 -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> After making the commit I again tried autogen.sh, configure, make. Make
> gave the same error message.

Strange. Can you see with svn status if you have some spurious artifacts
anywhere? Maybe even try make maintainer-clean.

>  I then tried checking out a fresh read-only
> copy. this time make said that help2man could not be found.

Yes, the man page for msword2brl is generated automatically with the
help of help2man. You should be able to easily install it. On Debian an
apt-get install help2man should do.

I hope we can fix this problem. Otherwise I would have to check in the
man pages (so not every developer will have to generate them), but then
there is the risk of shipping outdated man pages (which is worse than no
man pages).

Hope that helps
Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired