[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Please look at make check

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:09:30 -0500

Hi Mesar,

I'm glad that your testing verifies that the UTF-8 support works. Also,
I rather thought that the problem with make check was something peculiar
in my setup.

I've figured out how to detect some invalid UTF-8 sequences, though I
don't think there is a foolproof solution. It will be simple to code,
and there are a few loose ends to tie up. I would rather not lose the
ability to accept Latin-1. The documentation could certainly state that
it is deprecated.