[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Please look at make check

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:25:04 +0100

Hi John,

On Wed 04/07/12,21:49, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Support for UTF-8 seems to be working. I've tested several of the tables
> on the list that Christian sent on Monday. They work. I tested
> de-de-g2.ctb with lou_translate, and it appeared to produce correct
> results.

Thanks for the quick turnaround, with the testing I've managed to do today
everything looks great.

> When I run make check I get the error that lou_checktable
> cannot be found. Maybe I'm just running it in the wrong directory.
> Please check.

Everything runs fine here.

> Since the tables are input files, parseChars in
> compileTranslationTable.c should check for invalid UTF-8 character
> sequences and if one is found try Latin-1. How can invalid sequences be
> detected.

To save you from writing fallback code, we could just document that table files
should be valid utf8 files.
There are several standalone tools and libraries that deal with encodings, so
the table writer can simply use the external tools to verify
his/her tables.

If you are happy with this I can do the needed changes in the documentation.

Thanks,
Mesar