[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Open pull requests

  • From: Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:47:10 +0000

Sorry Mesar, I forgot you had done some global changes to the tables to tidy them up. Would you prefer then to use the unicode character instead of the ASCII compatible e.g. \x2019 ? I did look through them and thought the ASCII \x would be fine, but looking closer there are some other changes you have made, so I'll go through them now.

Cheers
Paul

On 19/11/2014 13:40, Mesar Hameed wrote:
Hi Paul,

no problems about the commit messages.

But Either you or the person merging this should do the diff clean up,
otherwise un necessary modifications will be introduced and the changes will
be blamed on your commits, and my previous cleanups will be undone.

I will see if I can find some time on the weekend to do this, but would
prefer not to have to do it, its a good learning exercise if you could
find the time.

thanks,
Mesar
On Wed 19/11/14,13:14, Paul Wood wrote:
Hi Mesar,
I've been meaning to get this updated for ages, so now I know how to do it,
I will do it when we come across it, as you suggest.
These two are probably un-necessary, but I'd rather not go back on my live
system. I don't know of anyone else actually using these tables although I
hope they do! I hope that's ok?
Cheers
Paul

On 19/11/2014 12:23, Mesar Hameed wrote:
Hi Paul,

I see unnecessary changes such as:

-endword ’ry 3-1235-13456
+endword \x2019ry 3-1235-13456

-endword ’r 3-1235
+endword \x2019r 3-1235

It looks like your patch is against an older version of the file.
Can you please go through and check the diff to ensure that the changes
are actually needed.

For the future, if you commit when you fix a problem on your systems,
please explain what you are fixing so that it is cleaner and more
obvious to see what has changed from upstream, so that we can accept
things quicker, because we know what is being fixed.
We could also help you to write tests, to ensure the fix is not
regressed in a future release.

thanks,
Mesar

On Wed 19/11/14,12:08, Paul Wood wrote:
OK done that now. thanks!
Paul

On 19/11/2014 12:02, Christian Egli wrote:
Hi

On 11/19/2014 12:26 PM, Paul Wood wrote:
I hope I've done the right thing in creating a fork(12) for you to pull
in. Is that the easiest for you?
Yes, perfect. Now all you need to do is a pull request and you're off to
the races.

Paulw.torchtrust signature

Paul Wood, Chief Technical Officer
*Torch Trust*
Torch House, Torch Way,
Market Harborough, Leics. LE16 9HL, UK
Direct Line: *+44(0)1858 438269*
Tel: *+44(0)1858 438260*, Fax: *+44(0)1858 438275*
Email: paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Website: www.torchtrust.org <http://www.torchtrust.org/>

Chief Executive: Dr Gordon Temple
Charity No. 1095904

If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The computer from which
this mail originates is equipped with virus screening software.
However Torch Trust cannot guarantee that the mail and its attachments
are free from virus infection.