[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Liblouis table header

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:21:34 +0200

OK, let's do that.

My use case will probably not be the most demanding, as I don't have a graphical
user interface with well-defined options. The idea is that it will be possible
to specify translator "features" in CSS. What those features can be exactly is
not defined. So any information that can be made available in liblouis tables
would be useful.

The features I'm thinking of are:

- locale: <iso-639> (or language, country, variant)
- contracted|uncontracted|computer-braille
- grade: <integer>
- literary|math|music
- 6-dot|8-dot
- some flag saying the table supports text formatting (italic, bold, etc.)
- some flag saying the table supports hyphenation

Localization is not a requirement for me.

I will try to write out my use case a bit more formally. I'm curious about the
other use cases.

What's the time frame? Does everybody have time to get something by the end of
next week? Or is that too soon? I don't want to wait too long with the
implementation.