[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Liblouis table header

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:11:57 +0200

Bert, this is good ydea my openion.
Now, for example in Orca Screen Reader some Liblouis table names marked for translation in Orca side, but more tables not. If when Orca future requesting table list from the louis Python3 binding and the table list function returning the localized table name, Joanie have possibility to fill Contraction table combo box with translated table name. If I understanding right your examples, of course, only presents the localized table name when the equals system locale is used. For example, when I future using hungarian locale and your example the afrikaans table pretty-name is "Afrikaans ongekontrakteerde", possible translating future hungarian locale the afrikaans table name with "afrikai" table name, or simple presents the english table name future when I selecting a table from the Orca preferences dialog contraction table combo box?
Possible extending the pretty_name tag to pretty-name[locale] variant?
So, the header have possibility to add following style translations:
pretty-name[af]="Afrikaans ongekontrakteerde"
pretty-name[hu]="afrikai (irodalmi)"
This is examples only.

Attila