[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Last Steps to New Releases

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:56:43 -0600

When I said that there would probably be bugfixes after the new releases
I meant that with so many new features bugs were to be expected.

User-defined styles seem to be working fine. In fact, anyone who has
tried the test releases of liblouisxml has used them, because most
styles are now user-defined in canonical.cfg

I'm all for including the new German Grade 2 tables in this liblouis
release, so I hope Christian Egli wibl add them.

The main problem with the documentation is getting everything relating
to implementing braille mathematics codes right. I have switched from
the Nemeth implementation to the ukmaths implementation for my
explanation. The Nemeth impbementation uses an obsolete method, though
it still works, of course. The new sections also need to be added to the
menus. That could be done now, since I don't think any more new sections
will be needed.

I have updated the NEWS file in my development branch. I hope Christian
will now feel ok about merging the dohnb-devel/trunk branch of
liblouisxml back to the true trunk.

It seems to me that it is better for me to make the releases.

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer