[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Invalid Russian table file

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: plundblad@xxxxxxxxxx (Peter Nilsson Lundblad)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:12:25 +0100

Hi all

plundblad@xxxxxxxxxx (Peter Nilsson Lundblad) writes:

> I was trying to use the russian table in
> tables/ru-ru-comp8
> and it turns out that this file has syntax errors.
> A diff between this and the file
> tables/ru.ctb
> reveals that the only differences are some minor comment fix and these
> syntax errors fixed.  The ru-ru-comp8 file seems oddly named, so perhaps it
> is just forgotten by mistake?

Some digging in the history reveals that ru-ru-comp8 was added on Feb
17, 2009 and never touched after. It appears that it never worked and
nobody seems to have ever noticed.

ru.ctb was added Dec 20, 2008 and saw some changes by Samuel Thibault
and Mesar. In fact Samuel fixed the problem in ru.ctb that ru-ru-comp8
still has.

It appears that both tables are derived from the Russian BRLTTY Text
Table. Since the two tables are virtually identical I propose to just
remove ru-ru-comp8. Should I just do it?

Geschenktipp: Ein Buch der SBS.
Als Hoerbuch, in Grossdruck oder Blindenschrift. Informieren Sie sich unter
http://www.sbs.ch/schenken .