[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Generating xml for Universal Tactile Document Files

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:22:50 -0600

Since UTD will be a superset of Daisy 3, we will need to introduce only
a few new elements and attributes, such as those to hold braille lines
and corresponding print lines. We will need attributes to indicate when
a braille line has been modified by an editor so it will not be
retranslated. We can probably drop many attributes in the original Daisy
document, such as those synchronizing text with speech. Those would
probably have to be redone anyway. The UTD generation will probably
consist of adding new nodes to the original Daisy parse tree, stripping
some unneeded stuff and outputting the file at the end. libxml2 has
functions for all these things, even a function to handle the lang
attribute.

John

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer