[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Christian

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 19:03:42 +0100

In the issue tracker a issue number is assigned to it and if one refers to that issue number it makes it easy to see exactly which issue a fix is for.

Just doing it via email means that an issue is not such a clear item.

Michael Whapples
On 04/10/2013 18:46, John J. Boyer wrote:
Issues have mostly been discussed on the list and notification of fixes
have also been on the list. This seems simpler to me, but mentioning
what has been fixed in release notes would be a good idea.

John

On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 06:24:38PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
By the sound of it the problem is more project protocol, issues rarely
are entered in the issue tracking system and even if they are I do not
know whether repository commit messages refer to which issue they intend
to fix (if a relevant issue is open). Also mentioning which issues in
the tracking system were fixed in release notes when a release being
made would be good.

I know that other projects (thinking of Orca in particular as it is one
I have had some closer involvement with in the past) did do a lot of
this and yes it could be very easy to track what had been fixed.

Michael Whapples
On 04/10/2013 17:59, Ken Perry wrote:
Christian this is a reply to your email you sent off list.  I am sorry
but your email server is blocking any emails from my account.  I had
my CTS department check into it but they said it is a problem at your end.

Here is an answer and I left your question in as well.

Nothing is wrong with it.  What I do notice though and maybe I am
partly guilty is there is very few issues listed unless I am reading
it wrong.  Which means no one is using it.  I look at the list of
items changed for the is release and I don't see any of them that are
tied to issues.  This means we are all kind of tracking bugs willy
nilly in email mostly unless I am missing something.  I will go
through and start putting issues of UEB problems in as soon as I have
time to sit down and do it.  Is there an email interface to the google
code issue tracking list?

Ken