[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Checking all translation tables automaticaly future - some questions

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:47:56 +0100

Hi all

Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Because in Liblouis have some oldest translation tables with producing
> sintax errors, I tryed doing a very simple but not ready table checker
> Python script.

There is a Perl script (tests/check_all_tables.pl) which does exactly
that. It selects tables based on a very crude algorithm (see line 26 of
the Perl script). It basically takes all the files that end in ctb, utb,
cti and dis. Then it excludes a few where we know they are not
self-contained like countries.cti. Maybe it should just take all files
except for a few (Makefiles, countries.cti, etc)

> My questions:
> 1. What the main table proper extensions with need examining (for
> example ctb, utb)?

AFAIK there is no standard. As I said maybe we should take all files
except for a few known non-tables.

> 2. How can possible determining if a proper listened extension table
> file is not a main table? Need prewenting false sintax errors
> detection if this is possible. For example I think the
> nl-BE-translation.ctb and corrections.ctb table files is real
> subtables, not main translation tables.

It's probably not possible to do this automatically. Probably needs
manual inspection.

Geschenktipp: Ein Buch der SBS.
Als Hoerbuch, in Grossdruck oder Blindenschrift. Informieren Sie sich unter
http://www.sbs.ch/schenken .