[liblouis-liblouisxml] Autotooled Versions Available!

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:50:17 -0500

Versions of both liblouis and liblouisxml in the Gnu autotools framework
are now up on http://www.jjb-software.com . So far I have tried them on
Linux FreeBSD, Mac OS X 10.4 and Cygwin. liblouis compiles and installs
on all four platforms. liblouisxml compiles and installs on Linux and
FreeBSD . The problem on the other OS's seems to have something to do
with libtool or perhaps with the Makefile.am in the liblouisxml
subdirectory. On Linux and FreeBSD the usual Gnu "./configure, make,
make install" procedure should now work and the installed programs
should have no problems finding their files.

There are a few bugfixes, including an important one in liblouis for the
nocont opcode.

Those who extract the source code and compile it on Windows will receive
a compiler error message in the paths.c module. This is a reminder to
put
in their own paths. Eventually we will find a better solution. I am
planning a port to Windows and have some prospect of finding someone to
do it.

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.
http://www.jjb-software.com
Madison, WI USA