[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: A begcaps opcode related backtranslation bug

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:37:08 +0200

Hy chris,

Two another simple testcase with en-GB-g2.ctb table related, first the
forward translation testcase:
1. Run lou_translate en-GB-g2.ctb command.
2. Type PAPPA-pappa text.
Actual Liblouis wrong braille output is ,,pappa-pappa, right Liblouis
braille output is ,,pappa,'-pappa.
,, (two comma character the braille output) meaning begcaps opcode dots,
,' (a comma and an apostrophe character) meaning endcaps opcode dots,
with Liblouis skyp before the minus character.
For example same results pproduced Liblouis with dot, question mark,
exclamation mark, comma punctuation characters if not have space
character after the punctuation character, and the next letter parts is
lowercase letters.

2. Backtranslate testcase:
1. Run lou_translate en-GB-g2.ctb -b command.
2. Type ,,pappa,'-pappa right braille output. Returned string is
correct, PAPPA\x2010pappa, except the minus character is not
backtranslated right, I don't no why. My GNOME-terminal the minus
character unicode value is \x002d.
If I type for example ,,pappa,'4pappa braille output, returned
backtranslated string is incorrect, PAPPAddpappa. So this situation the
begcaps and endcaps opcode working right if I type correct the require
endcaps dots before any punctuation character, except the dot character
braille input string is backtranslated with dd letters.
If I type ,,ppappa-pappa original wrong Liblouis input braille string
for PAPPA-pappa testcase, backtranslated output is wrong,
PAPPA\x2010PAPPA. This wrong input string all letters converted with
uppercase letters.

Hope this another testcases help you,

Attila