[liblouis-liblouisxml] A begcaps opcode related backtranslation bug

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:12:41 +0200

Hi,

Testing purpose my local machine I added a both lowercase and uppercase
letters containing word my hu-hu-g1_harness.txt file.
Look the test result when I ran runHarness.py:
--- Backtranslate failure: ./hu-hu-g1_harness.txt ---
comment:                  'this testcase testing begcaps opcode
backtranslation if a word containing both lowercase and uppercase letters'
input:                    '⠨⠨⠏⠱⠈⠋⠤⠟⠱⠱⠑⠧⠕⠝⠈⠎⠞'
expected text:            'PSZÁF-összevonást'
actual backtranslated text: 'PSZÁF-ÖSSZEVONÁST'
--- end ---

So, when backtranslation happening this situation, all letters converted
uppercase letters the backtranslated text if a word containing more
uppercase and lowercase letters.
This is not surprising me, because In hu-hu-g1.ctb table I use begcaps
46-46 opcode line, unfortunately hungarian grade1 standard not use any
simbol to tell what place ends up uppercase parts a word.

Because I think near the next stable release date (june 21th if I
remember right), I keep this testcase with hu-hu-g1_harness.txt harness
file? I need sending Mesar a larger patch with adds more exceptions and
testcases with hu-hu-g1 grade1 table, so if not disturb the release
publication this bug reproducation testcase, I keeping this testcase the
harness file related patch.

Possible fixing this type bug general with Liblouis code?
I used following testcase with begcaps opcode tests related the harness
source file:
comment: this testcase look begcaps opcode working if a word containing
both lowercase and uppercase letters
PSZÁF-összevonást

comment: this testcase testing begcaps opcode backtranslation if a word
containing both lowercase and uppercase letters
testmode: backtranslate
PSZÁF-összevonást
Anybody have possibility trying this style test with another languages?

Attila