[lektrik_flyers] Flying

  • From: John Gray <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:06:50 -0600

Hi Guys,

There is a chance for flying this Sunday.  We will need to watch the weather.

I have been busy building lately.  I am getting planes ready for the flying
season, big time.

I hung, (put in racks), all my planes in the garage over the break. Not
only got my planes organized but got the
garage cleaned up as well.  Ross and my total now is 23 planes with two
more coming next week.  I
have picked up a bunch of glow planes of late.  The last ones being a Sig 4
Stare and a a Sig Something Extra.

Ross and I are currently working on his Christmas present plane.  We have
finished his glow trainer so that was next on the
list.  I gave got a Mega 16/15/4 with 2.5:1 gear drive ordered for his
Wattage Cap 232.  They should be here this week.  I used Motocal to
work out the motor for it.  If you have not used this program it is
great.  Mega also have a similar one on their web site.  Anyway, Motocal
says Ross's Cap will have sufficient in-flight thrust for any climbs and
incredible acceleration.  The model can easily do consecutive loops, and
has sufficient thrust for any aerobatic maneuver.  Its speed will be 51 mph
and stall speed of 20mph.  I think this will be a lot for him to
handle.  We will see.

What are you guys up to, or are you taking a break until the season starts
again?

Have fun,

John Gray
john@xxxxxxxxxxxx