[LRflex] Re: thoughts ?

  • From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:29:43 -0500

I think that it comes close to crossing the line; however, I really believe
that if the gentleman knew that his photo would be used to bring others to
awareness of this terrible disease and promote donations and/or activities
dedicated to finding a cure, he would fully support the use of the photo.
 I would if the circumstances were reversed.
Tina

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Herman, thanks for you words; you are quite correct that my intentions were
> sincere, and so were Steve's.
> Steve, as a member of this list since 2008, I'm very well aware of your
> project. I have been here from the very first day, supporting you as did
> everybody else. But no matter what anyone else say, I still believe you
> shouldn't have published this very photo, for the reasons explained
> already.
>
> Miha
>

> 2012/2/14 Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Dear Steve (and Dr.Ted)
> >

> > Steve, you project is very important , it is a horrible disease,  i know
> > from very close by....
> >

> > and you are doing a great job showing the world about this in a sincere
> > manner.
> >

> > I'm also absolutely sure Miha is sincere in his arguments about this
> issue.
> >

> > And isn't this where  it is all about, Steve??
> >

> > People looking and talking and discussing about what you show us??
> >

> > This is your point, i'm sure. This is what good photography can, no,
>  must
> > do to people.
> >

> > Please go on with your photography, and members and others;  please go on
> > talking about it.
> >

> > And give each other space and to to feel free to have different opinions.
> >

> > (but i'm aware this is a very emotional subject)
> >

> > best for all
> >

> > Herman

>   http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/

Tina Manley, ASMP