[LRflex] Re: monsoon...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:18:56 -0700

On Aug 27, 2008, at 8:58 AM, David Young wrote:

Steve showed:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/skyplane.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/monsoon.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/flowerssky.jpg.html

and Marc commented:

With or without filter, with or without PS work, the first one is a
masterpiece, Steve.

What more is there to say? The others are good, but it's the plane which gives the sky both life and scale.

Though I must admit, I think of Arizona as a place of deserts, not monsoons....

what is fascinating about the desert David is that we can go for months with no rain, none...like it tries, but just can't...

when it finaly lets loose it's often with a monsoon, a real scary deluge...with wind, flash floods, dust storms.

here is a somewhat larger version of the shot...

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/skyplane?full=1

my thanks guys...

Steve

Well done, Steve!