[LRflex] Re: formula for lens cleaning fluid

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:22:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dave;
that's an interesting story. I'm left asking myself whether the microfiber
cloths are abrasive. The "A" word, eh ? But, I guess that , used sparingly,
they'd be ok.
My wife uses these white cleaning pads  (maybe 8X4 cm), i forget what they're
called, but they work great getting rid of tough dirt. I wouldn't use one on a
lens but i wonder whether the same principle is at work.

It's tricky stuff, cleaning lenses and keeping them clean.

I just snagged a 28mm elmarit asph on the bay. I've been trolling for weeks and
one showed up at the best price I've seen. Calling around, first, I tried to
assess what I could get for my present 28mm elmarit, in the Vancouver or
Calgary markets. Turns out that, even after paying a consignor's fee, it wont
cost me too much to upgrade. I'd rather not sell on Ebay because Paypal can
come back and gouge your account if somebody's not happy. I've got nothing to
hide but I'd rather let it sit a bit longer and not have any strings attached.

cheers
dave