[LRFlex] Yet another introduction

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:32:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello fellow Leica users,

Looking at the previous introductions make me feel
much more like the newbie then ever.  I've only used
Leica for a little past 6 years now.  I'm a 36 year
old New Yorker, and I started photography about 17
years ago with my dad's Nikon EM.  I moved around the
Nikon scene for a decade until I bumped into a Leica M
user at work.  I picked up an M3 & 40 soon after and
shot with this instead of an SLR.  I soon missed my
tele's but really wanted to keep to the solidness I
associated with the Leica M.

After some soul searching, I wound up with a basic kit
consisting of an SL, 50, 90, 135 and 180.  I only
carry 2 lenses at any given time as it weighs like a
ton of bricks when full.  Plus now I use an M with a
21 along with my SL kit in the same bag.  I wanted to
find a decent wide for the SL but after using a
friend's 19mm with an R8 I was spoiled.  Now I'm
saving up for an R8 to handle those wide angles that
don't fit on the SL.

I shoot mainly landscape and architectural photos.  I
often shoot portraits when requested as well as
events.  I hope this thread wasn't too long to read.
I know you guys and gals out there could have shot a
roll by now ;)

Regards,
Gary