[LRFlex] Re: Yet another introduction

  • From: Gerald Homeyer <kd7olf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:52:25 -0600

You could always get a first generation 19mm Elmarit to use with the SL. Only the second generation 19mm won't work on an SL. And, with the mammoth front element of the first generation 19mm they look impressive too.. :)

Gerald

Gary E wrote:

Hello fellow Leica users,

Looking at the previous introductions make me feel
much more like the newbie then ever.  I've only used
Leica for a little past 6 years now.  I'm a 36 year
old New Yorker, and I started photography about 17
years ago with my dad's Nikon EM.  I moved around the
Nikon scene for a decade until I bumped into a Leica M
user at work.  I picked up an M3 & 40 soon after and
shot with this instead of an SLR.  I soon missed my
tele's but really wanted to keep to the solidness I
associated with the Leica M.

After some soul searching, I wound up with a basic kit
consisting of an SL, 50, 90, 135 and 180.  I only
carry 2 lenses at any given time as it weighs like a
ton of bricks when full.  Plus now I use an M with a
21 along with my SL kit in the same bag.  I wanted to
find a decent wide for the SL but after using a
friend's 19mm with an R8 I was spoiled.  Now I'm
saving up for an R8 to handle those wide angles that
don't fit on the SL.

I shoot mainly landscape and architectural photos. I
often shoot portraits when requested as well as
events. I hope this thread wasn't too long to read. I know you guys and gals out there could have shot a
roll by now ;)

Regards,
Gary