[LRFlex] Re: Yet another introduction

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:39:02 +0000

YES!

What annoys me with the external view finder is that with glasses, I cannot have a complete framing while with the R7, It would be possible.

As for flare, yes again, the lens hood on the 21 or 24 looks impressive but they serves the purpose ont the 24 at least.

G'Day.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: "Robert Palmieri" <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Yet another introduction
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:26:44 -0500

Gary -

Y'know... I was doing the same thing as regards carrying an M with the 21 Voightlander along with my 'Flex to cover the wide end. However, if you like objects in the foreground of your wide shots the parallax thing makes a reflex much more desirable, not to mention the ability to scope out flare issues...

Bob Palmieri

>>> telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/20/04 9:42 AM >>>
Good to "meet" you, Gary. I got through your entire introduction with no trouble.

I take it your 180mm lens is the early f/2.8 model, with the tripod socket - and the 135 isn't exactly light either so I'm not surprised your basic kit feels like a ton of bricks!

To scratch your 'wide' itch, have you considered the 21mm Super-Angulon-R or the first version of the 19mm lens? Both of these fit on the SL.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

-----Original Message----- From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx> Sent: Apr 20, 2004 5:32 AM To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [LRFlex] Yet another introduction

Hello fellow Leica users,

Looking at the previous introductions make me feel
much more like the newbie then ever.  I've only used
Leica for a little past 6 years now.  I'm a 36 year
old New Yorker, and I started photography about 17
years ago with my dad's Nikon EM.  I moved around the
Nikon scene for a decade until I bumped into a Leica M
user at work.  I picked up an M3 & 40 soon after and
shot with this instead of an SLR.  I soon missed my
tele's but really wanted to keep to the solidness I
associated with the Leica M.

After some soul searching, I wound up with a basic kit
consisting of an SL, 50, 90, 135 and 180.  I only
carry 2 lenses at any given time as it weighs like a
ton of bricks when full.  Plus now I use an M with a
21 along with my SL kit in the same bag.  I wanted to
find a decent wide for the SL but after using a
friend's 19mm with an R8 I was spoiled.  Now I'm
saving up for an R8 to handle those wide angles that
don't fit on the SL.

I shoot mainly landscape and architectural photos.  I
often shoot portraits when requested as well as
events.  I hope this thread wasn't too long to read.
I know you guys and gals out there could have shot a
roll by now ;)

Regards,
Gary