[LRflex] Re: Why?

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:47:49 -0800 (PST)

Why

  When I was 9 I got the bug. Can't really say why but I do remember pestrering
my mother for the S&H green stamp book to see if I could get a camera from
them. Didn't happen, instead I took my birthday money and saved allowance
headed off to Walgreens and bought a Brownie Starmite. First roll of film I
attempted to develope was in the bathroon with the lights on and in a sink full
of water. Thats when my dad told me that film had to go back to walgreens to be
developed in "special water" Still have a fuzzy picture if President Kennedy
when he came to Milwaukee.
  A few years later I recieved an Agfa 35mm from my grandmother in Germany, and
that really got me started. I joined the High School camera club and learned
the basics.
  My first Leica was the "flex' standard.(still have it and use it) It was a
toss up between that and a Nikon F which we were using at school. The flex won
out because my parents and I were traveling back to Germany for a visit and I
could get the Leica for 50 bucks less than the Nikon.
  Stayed active in Photog until I got divorced and the put it aside not to be
picked up again for almost ten years.
  I ended up getting back into it because my current wife took a photo course
in college as an elective and while helping her realized how much fun it was.
She was kind enough to let me complete my collection of lenses and enjoys our
little safari's.
  My story

Regards
YXAndy