[LRFlex] Re: Welcome!

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:18:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Robert Langjahr <langjahr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Doug,
>
> I was able to attend the LHSA "Spring Shoot" in Victoria, BC this past
> spring.  David Young had this event organized to a "T". I had one of the best
> times
> of my life.  David knows how to have a party !.

I think we're very fortunate to have David "on our side".  His energy and
enthusiasm are contagious!

> I haven't done to much with the 400 or the 560 yet. Time is limited at the
> moment.

Boy do I hear that!!  Between the job and maintaining the boarding stable (6
horses) I've got my hands full.

> We have a lot of good looking "suspects" here in Kern County. Especially
> around the Kern River. I am always on the look out. I hope to use the "long
> glass"
> soon.

I spent a few days last week in the nearby mountains with my daughter's riding
club.  Much of the time was spent on trail rides and helping her with her horse
but I did use a couple rolls of film on the wildlife (not back from the lab
yet).  Of course I used the SL and 400 f/6.8.

> Thanks Doug for the welcome.

I'm looking forward to your contributions.  Do you know much about the White
Mountains?  I hear there are White-tailed Ptarmigan there.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm