[LRflex] Re: Walking by the port

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:45:46 +0100

Thanks David

First six is normal - the rest is lost in interbytes vaccum at numericale.fr :-(

N° 6 has a story: I had slept on the sand in the desert near an oasis - all the tents had been rented by a British TV crew who feared we might steal their gear and refused to let even the ladies under cover with freezing February desert temperatures - and we had hired camels ( single humped ones, dk what to call them.)
We were there to see the sunrise on the dunes.
Mine was nervous from the start, and at some point in a jerk, my hard-case camera bag hit the camel - that was the last stroke for the beast to bear, and it started "galloping" away, the case banging its side, and your servant on top of it all. The animal tried and managed to bite my foot - too long legs Phx has as you may remember - the young lad who attended the camels eventually caught us up and stopped it ; I made the return trip on another one's back, mine having been decommissioned for the day.

Now "who I am" is also a nice memory of a hike in the Alps - this one was shot at an altitude of about 6000ft, I didn't know they lived so high.

Thanks again for your nice comments.
Amitiés
phx

David Young wrote:

Hi Philippe:

Like Marc, I can only see the first 6 images at http://tinyurl.com/286fd7 . The remaining 11 seem to be broken links.

Still, gorgeous photos ... I particularly like the first two and #6.

I spend some time exploring the rest of your "derelict" site, (accessed through the "Main Page" link at the bottom of http://tinyurl.com/286fd7 ) and liked it all.

Your "Who Am I", found in Engelberg <http://perso.numericable.fr/phamard/Engelberg/Engelberg%20main.html>, brought a wide smile to my face!

Thanks for showing.

David Young, Logan Lake, CANADA