[LRflex] WTB: Seeking R-to-EOS Adaper &/or Adapter Reccomendations

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
   I am now in the Market for a Solid Leica R-to-EOS mount adapter - used or
new. A list member helped me tremendously in my previously frustrating search
for Leica glass to acquire and now I need a mount adapter to use it on my 20D.
If someone has a spare adapter or has a specific one they highly reccomend, I
welcome members advice on the list and to receiving offers 'off list'.
"ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx"
   I am looking hard at one on eBay that looks solidly built, has a lens lock
tab, and a fairly interesting exif programable AF Confirm Chip. It's $50 US
(shipped), but if I can spend less I'd prefer doing so, as long as the unit is
well built. AF Confirm would be preferable but not mandatory, I think. The ebay
listing is:
"http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-R-Lens-Canon-EOS-Camera-Adapter-AF-Confirm_W0QQitemZ350206343385QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5189ecb8d9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14";
   I have experience with a couple different M42-EOS adapters and know how much
difference a well thought out and well made adapter can have on the overall
ownership experience. I am aware that there is  the uber pricey german adapter,
a nice one from the NY Voightlander dealer, and the russian and asian options
via ebay.

Thanks In Advance,
Richard

Cedar Springs, Michigan, USA

ps: Pardon my being a day early for "Friday Sale Day".