[LRflex] Re: WTB: Seeking R-to-EOS Adaper &/or Adapter Reccomendations

  • From: Dave Tang <electricblues31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 06:59:21 +0800

Guys,

I am using some generic China made R-to-EOS adaptor on my Canon 5dm2 right now.
 Both my summicron 35 n 50 have no problem getting infinity focus, but I was
unable to get that on my 50 summilux f1.4 (a friend tried on his 40D and same
result).  I've just ordered from Tagotech and they've confirmed that adaptor
was not tested on most of the R lenses to ensure infinity fit to the Canon 5d.
Has anyone try that on their 5Dm2 or XXD series?

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:22:42 +0100
From: keith.r.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: WTB: Seeking R-to-EOS Adaper &/or Adapter Reccomendations

Hi Richard/ Eric,
I'm also a user of the Tagotech brand for Leica R to Canon EOS and OM to Canon
EOS both provide indication for all AF sensors- I'd lost their weblink so
thanks for reminding me.

Keith

LEICAFLEX wrote:
Hi Richard,

I have been enjoying the Tagotech products that have focus
confirmation for various lens-types to EOS.

http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?cPath=22_37

I've used the Leica R and Nikon Ai/Ai-s converters and am pleased with
their build quality.

Eric Chan

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,
  I am now in the Market for a Solid Leica R-to-EOS mount adapter - used or
new. A list member helped me tremendously in my previously frustrating search
for Leica glass to acquire and now I need a mount adapter to use it on my 20D.
If someone has a spare adapter or has a specific one they highly reccomend, I
welcome members advice on the list and to receiving offers 'off list'.
"ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx"
  I am looking hard at one on eBay that looks solidly built, has a lens lock
tab, and a fairly interesting exif programable AF Confirm Chip. It's $50 US
(shipped), but if I can spend less I'd prefer doing so, as long as the unit is
well built. AF Confirm would be preferable but not mandatory, I think. The ebay
listing is:
"http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-R-Lens-Canon-EOS-Camera-Adapter-AF-Confirm_W0QQitemZ350206343385QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5189ecb8d9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14";
  I have experience with a couple different M42-EOS adapters and know how much
difference a well thought out and well made adapter can have on the overall
ownership experience. I am aware that there is  the uber pricey german adapter,
a nice one from the NY Voightlander dealer, and the russian and asian options
via ebay.

Thanks In Advance,
Richard
Cedar Springs, Michigan, USA

ps: Pardon my being a day early for "Friday Sale Day".

http://www.microsoft.com/singapore/windows/windowslive/products/photo-gallery-edit.aspx