[LRflex] W

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:02:11 +0100

Has anyone thought of sending the link to Leica ?
That would be the coolest solution with an updated pixel count and RAW upgrade.
Phx

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Some of the posts here tell the whole story:

http://photo.net/digital-camera-forum/00Pq7H

seems it lasted longer than I thought

Douglas

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Imagek turned into a company called Silicon Film and disappeared without trace (1999 or 2000 I think)

The streamlined version can still be seen on dpreview - to be honest, it looks really good.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/9909/99090501siliconfilm.asp

And it was posted in September - not April :-)

Cheers
Douglas

Charlie Falke wrote:

Aram Langhans wrote:

Can't believe that web site is still up. doesn't anyone ever empty the Internet Trash? I don't believe that device was ever actually made for market. Too bad, as I was waiting. Aram

Aram,
   I think it was, but flopped quickly.  The technology wasn't there.
There is no reason it couldn't have the M9 sensor today.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein