[LRflex] Re: Three Things.....

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:32:55 -0800

Bob in Seattle wrote:
>Wondered where you were!  Good to hear from you again!

I've been here... reading but not doing much posting. Too
busy!    Today, I've been framing prints... as I have picked up
several sales in New Jersey, Tennessee and Ohio. (A great way to
start a New Year!)

>Always glad to hear we've added more members to our growing band of
>R Afficianados.

Me too!  The more the merrier!

>Can't wait to see pix from your "practically new" R8.

Me too.  However, I'm puzzled  by one thing.  The R8 + DMR weighs in
at about 1.5 kilos (3.3 pounds), without lens.  I don't know if FedEx
have it right, but their website shows the package weighing in at
5.35 Kilos or 11.8 pounds.  If they're right, that's a LOT of packing material!

No matter how it's packed, it's still in Canada Customs, where it's
been since last Thursday morning.  I was hoping it would clear
Customs today and I'd see it tomorrow... but that hope is fading
fast.    I just hope it makes it here by late in the week, for I was
"volunteered" to be the principal photog at western Canada's largest
(also it's only) Pond Hockey tournament, here, next weekend!