[LRflex] Re: The Works

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:53:54 +1100

Thanks Charlie,

Sorry for the late response. Catenary, a new word for me and I had to look it up. I don't think it is a guy thing altogether but it is certainly a kind of aesthetic, suspended wires and puppetry.

The exhibition pics are not mine. I posted to alert some fellow photographers here of the exhibition which is a selection of historical and documentary pictures connected with Melbourne City Council works; sewerage, drainage, roads, signage and the like. The photos seem to have been selected as much on the basis of photographic merit as historical/documentary value. There is always something of the photographer and the particular nature of the genre in any capture.

Seasons Greetings to all.

Walter
Charlie Falke wrote:
Doug Herr wrote:
Walter Kramer wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4194197263/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4194198525/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4194197655/sizes/l/

I had a "where's Waldo" moment when I found the operator in the first photo.
The second is delightful and my favorite of these three.

Doug Herr
Walt, Doug,
    I like these also, and also especially the second.  I thought
maybe it was because I love catenary.   Is catenary a guy thing? :-)

Walt,
   Is that your show hung in the beginning of the Flickr set?
Interesting insite you present into engineering architecture,
quite true as a rule.  Every so often we make some clunkers (not my photo)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zir6/2654925363/sizes/l/
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bus: 03 9854 2463