[LRFlex] The Leicanon Option

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

With all this talk about the Leicanon option, I have
been looking into digital bodies that can accept Leica
R lenses; especially the Digital Rebel XT.  I was
never a Canon user, but there?s no denying that they
have some of the best DSLR bodies around at this time.

I can understand the stop down metering process, but
can?t one take an incident reading and adjust
accordingly with changing conditions?  I thought this
is how the older generation Leica M users shot.  I
usually use this method while shooting outdoors with
my SL or M and have found it adequate with negative
film.  Doesn?t the digital capture sensor behave as
with film?

Also, while searching for Leica R lens to digital
bodies, I found that there is an adapter for the
Olympus E-1 4/3 body.  Has anyone used this combo?

Regards,
Gary E