[LRFlex] Re: The Leicanon Option

  • From: M7 <photo-m7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:15:14 -0700

David,

This statement you made reflects my feelings exactly. 9 months ago, I bought a new R9 anticipating the DMR. By Feb. I felt that Leica wasn't able to deliver and purchased a used Canon 1DS. I couldn't be happier using it with Leica glass and have no intention of buying a DMR at this time. Leica lost another ($5500 at the time) sale opportunity with their delivery issues.

John

On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:32 AM, David Young wrote:

Y'know, it's easy to say you'd only have the best, when you're not buying. But when it's your own money, "value" becomes an issue. In past, I've solved the problem of 'value', by buying used Leica gear. But good, used dslr's are scarce as hen's teeth. There was a time (just 6 months ago) when I swore I'd have nothing but a DM-R. However the desire to try digital with my Leica glass and the realities of the wallet led me to the 20D. And to be honest, I've very happy with the combination and the results.

Good luck! Keep us informed what you do, and what you think of your purchase. Such "reviews" will help others in their transition to the digital world.

Cheers!

David.