[LRflex] Re: Sunday walk by the moat

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:07:19 +0100

Hi Elliot,
thanks for the compliments :-[
The R8 does know what light is about I'd say - and it seems to be a
faithful companion..

Scanning: I use a flatbed scanner (Epson Perfection 3170 Photo they call
it) and I'm pleased with it as it my first scanner that scans slides and
negs. But quality is quite poor, and I lose one or two mm on the sides.
I consequently registered for Vuescan pilots (round U$90)  VScan scans
full size (and larger), but  is much more difficult to use than the
standard Epson piece of soft. I still need a lot more experiments before
I get really convincing results with it I think, and you may find the
process rather slow if you don't smoke. :-(
I slightly adjusted the colours in PS - the original is colder with
Vuescan scan though (I've posted the two versions).
Some degree of quality is lost in the JPG conversion in any case.

My only regret: this was not a slide film but a colour negative. I had
left the other bodies at home as the R8 is my "new" pet.

Feel free to ask if I haven't answered your question adequately.

Thanks again for viewing
Phileicangenieux