[LRFlex] Slightly OT - Monaco Colorimeter

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:11:02 -0800

All:

I've got a new LCD screen, and it's very nice. However, I am having troubles with consistent colour, so I picked up the Monaco OPTIX XR screen calibration spyder.

I am having a lot of trouble installing the software. The software tells me the media is defective and that a .rra file is no good (CRC error). The first 7 chars of the .rra file change each time I try. If I choose "ignore", the installer then tells me that "Mpl.dll did not self register - not a valid Win32 application."

Without the software (must be installed first) there is no way to try the spyder to see if it's any good.

I've obtained a replacement CD-Rom, but it's no better. I've tried a complete, clean install of WinXP with no better luck. I've tried running it under Win2000 compatibility mode - no improvement there either.

Monaco's website simply says "No downloads for this product". And their support line is not working on weekends.

Has anybody used this product.  With success?

If so, any hints?

Thanks.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm