[LRFlex] Repainting lens engraving

  • From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:25:32 -0400

Reading Xavier's recent activity with thin brush and paint made me wonder why
Leica reflex cameras and lenses seem to be so bad in this regard.  (I have an
SL2 and 2 cam lenses, so these are of course older vintage.)  Other cameras and
lenses of the same age, many much more modest in price and capability, have
very few such problems.  I have none of the patience of Xavier to undertake a
similar task, and will live with my equipment as it is.  But this seems to be a
special failing of the early reflexes and lenses that's a little surprising,
given the House of E. Leitz's quality standards.

Nick

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.