[LRflex] Re: R3 meter

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 07:53:55 -0500

Hi Miha,

> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:32:39 +0100
> From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Ok, we have a beautiful morning here with some fresh snow.
> I made some readings with my R3 and the 90mm summicron and
compared
> them to
> my Nikon FA. ISO set to 100, I pointed my R3 to the blue
sky and
> fresh white
> snow. In integral reading my R3 gives f8 and 1/250. My FA
in matrix
> mode
> agrees fully. But in selective (spot) mode the R3 gives f8
and 1/125.
> Do R4-R7 cameras react the same way?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Miha

It's still a bit dark here to do a proper test with "bright
light", but I pulled out my R5 w 28-70 and pointed it at a
snow bank outside the window. I got about 1/2 stop faster in
Spot mode than Average, or put another way, 1/60th in Spot
vs. between 1/60 and 1/30 in average. I would expect this
kind of reading, since the snow bank was not "evenly lit"
from the angle that I could see it, so I'd call it "Spot
on". I'll try it again when it's lighter out.

Best,

Neil