[LRflex] Re: R3 meter

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:02:17 -0500

Hi Philippe,

> From: AMARD philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:17:12 +0100
>
>  That's where the trouble lies/lay?, Miha got the contrary
... Phx

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 07:53:55 -0500
> "Neil Gould" wrote:
>> [...] I got about 1/2 stop faster in
>> Spot mode than Average, or put another way, 1/60th in
>> Spot  vs. between 1/60 and 1/30 in average. I would
expect
>> this kind of reading, since the snow bank was not "evenly
>> lit" from the angle that I could see it, so I'd call it
"Spot
>> on". I'll try it again when it's lighter out.

Yes, that made me curious, as well, but as I said, the
results that I got made perfect sense to me since the
averaged (integral) reading incorporated some of the darker
areas of the snow bank. I also don't understand why Miha got
different results in brighter lighting than in lower light.
Those kinds of inconsistencies would make me rather
skeptical about the meter's accuracy.

best,

Neil