[LRflex] Re: R3 meter

  • From: Javier Perez <summarex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

I think your best be might be to source a new R3 or
maybe an R4. R3s are under well 200 and R4es under
300. I'm guessing a metrer repair might run about 150
unless it happens to be very easy.

BTW: Does the needle swing all the way down when the
thing is turned on? Sometimes that can cause the
appearance that the meter is dead but it's not. Look
through the finder while powering up to find out. If
the needle deflects all the way, you may simply have a
dirty asa dial whuich you can clean yourself. Also
flick between spot and average and see if the needle
deflects any whyle changing metering modes. This too
might indicate a contact problem. Also, fiddle with
the asa dial.

Javier