[LRflex] Re: R-10 Confirmed!

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:24:47 +0200

Hi David,

Excellent news indeed.
BTW: May I ask what the "X" implies?
This will launch/renew hopes and speculations and lively discussions
here. :-D
Have a safe and enjoyable ride back home.
Bien amicalement.
Phil...x
(Patiently waiting for further good news)

telyt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good Morning, all!

I am writing this from the lobby of a Seattle hotel, and my first attempt at this was lost into the ether. Thus, if two versions of this mail end up in your inbox, it's not my fault!!!

As many of you know, Rose and I are on our way home from the LHSA's convention in Rochester, NY. On both last Friday and Saturday, Hr. Andreas Kaufmann, owner of Leica, gave talks. The first was on the Leitz Park, the second on the future plans of Leica, regarding the R, M and X cameras as well as the new lenses!

CONFIRMED: There will be a new R camera and it will be introduced at Photokina, 2008, as I have been saying for the last year. (Do I sound smug???)

We are off to vist more Leica friends today, and will make the long drive home, tomorrow, so I should have detailed reports for you on Wednesday. I will also have reports for you on a talk by the inventor of the digital camera (0.01 megapixels!). We got to see the actual camera, and I have photos!

Meanwhile, be good and shoot lots. I'll talk to you all, again, soon!

Best regards,

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC.