[LRflex] Re: PETA

  • From: "Gary Pinkerton" <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:29:22 -0500

Not sure if global warming has a hand in it, but it's 101 F in Nashville, has been 106, and near 100 for about 2 weeks. Plus, it's dry, dry, dry. My mom's cows are already getting hay that was ear marked for winter feeding. If those geese make it this far anytime soon, they'll probably high-tail it back in your direction :)

From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: PETA
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:46:01 -0700

Keith Longmore wrote:

PETA:
A disgustingly 'nice' photograph, judging by the guy's attire! Reminds me of the motorcyclist with a notice on his back - 'If you can read this, my wife's fallen off'. :-) ... Does the salmonella, E-coli and botulism make the animals more tasty, I wonder..? ;-)

"Disgustingly nice" is the perfect way to phrase it! He was such a character, I could not resist him! Dunno what the E-coli did for his food... I ate at a kiosk which looked cleaner! :-)

Rose and the grandson: Obviously good photo; one for the family album, I presume.

Thanks.  And... yes.

I wonder what happened to summer.....

Same, over here. After a very late spring, which extended into a cold, wet June, we had a very nice July - in the mid to high 30's (40.5 one day!) for nearly 3 weeks. Then, cold and windy again. Today is good, at 22.5, but for the last week we've been watching flight after flight of Canada Geese heading south. We've seen them by the thousands, and it's still only half past August. The don't usually migrate until mid September. A bad sign of an early winter!

Where is global warming when you want it????