[LRflex] Re: Opinions on 21-35mm zoom

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 22:09:33 -0700

Chris,

It was my walking around lens with an R7 back in my film days (using ASA 200), on the last film trip I made, to Copper Canyon in Mexico. I found it very nice for my kind of photography. I see the world "wide" vs. those who zoom in to closer views.

I have also used it with the R9/DMR but there it becomes a 28-47, but it is still a good choice for me.

Mine is a ROM and I cannot speculate on its being de-ROM-ed.

Doug Herr will know.

Good luck,

Bill

On Oct 7, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Chris L wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the 21-35mm Vario-Elmar?

I'm thinking of getting one, mainly to save weight compared to carrying around the 19mm (type II) and the 35mm (Summicron and later Elmarit). While the above lenses are truly star performers, several hundred grammes difference *can* mean a lot when walking long distances and even deciding whether to take Leica R gear at all.

Also, does the 21-35 also exist in non-ROM versions, compatible with the Leicaflex SL2?

Thanks!

Chris